Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Missing Links

Fairly often, well that's relative cause it never really took place till now, I have someone ask me about dating, or if I'll marry again, or if I'd consider dating a friend/relative/co-worker of theirs.

The answer is always the same.

Right now, no. I don't have it in me to devote what needs to be devoted to make a relationship successful. As much as I'd want to, and wish I were in a different place, the reality is, I'm not. And me personally, I'm just not into casual dating, it's not something I'm wired for. Friends, sure.

But there are things I miss, things I long for. Here's my top 10 (PG) List:
  1. Cooking for someone besides just me
  2. Hanging in the evening, the quiet hours, with someone else
  3. Having someone else clean the toilet
  4. Anniversaries of any kind
  5. Planning day trips out and about
  6. Having someone give me flowers 'just cause'
  7. Camping
  8. Curling up next to someone at night in bed.
  9. Finding corny things to give each other that made us laugh.
  10. The intimacy and comfort of holding hands with someone you care about. Eric and I held hands no matter where we were or what we were doing. I miss that simple, intimate act of holding hands.
Would I change where I am today? No.

Do I regret my decision? No.

But I do miss some things and quite honestly, we parted close, as much friends as is possible right now and because of how we parted there are lots of positive memories.

3 comments:

Special K said...

11. Yardwork gets done without me having to do it.

:)

Anonymous said...

I would miss the bug clean up and the puke help.

Michele said...

One day you will find the person that you are meant to be with forever.