Those who've followed me for years know I have a passion to express myself in poetry, music or photography. I remember the post I did compiling all the lyrics and songs over the years that reminded me of a moment during my life, good, bad, indifferent.
This song has been with me a long time, it calls to the very tough days in life, the tough challenges, the things resting on your back so heavy it's like your back could break. But the words, well, they call out beyond the challenges and ask you to hold on.
And right now, all I can do is sort of hold onto reality of where I am in life even if it's not everywhere I dreamed I would be.
Everybody Hurts, REM
When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on
Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes
And so this embodies all that I feel right now, more so now than with almost any other challenge in life. The night is mine alone, both literally and figuratively. I need to hold on, to anything that's solid under my feet.
Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along
When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on
Sometimes everything is wrong, even when you've done the right things for the right reasons. Life is not fair.
'Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends
Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand
If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone
I'm taking extreme comforts in my friends, the new ones, the old ones, but all the same, the true ones. I do feel so so alone, so sad, so lost, but my friends, well, they remind me of the important things in life and they remind me that sometimes bad things happen to good people.
If you're on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,
When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on
Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody hurts. You are not alone
What more can I say. I believe there's a reason there's been so much outpouring of support, so much kindness in the midst of a bit of judgement, so much sharing of feelings. I believe it's because so many of us could be in my shoes and so many of us realize how painful this is to go through. This is without a doubt in the top 2 losses in my life.
May we all never feel this sad.
I can't say it enough. It's going to take a long time to heal.
7 comments:
There really are no words that are just right to express my own sorrow (and anger) for what your are going through. Even though I know it is a part of life, I find it hard to live with the kinds of things that we can't really make sense of - like when bad things happen to good people. Still hoping for a positive outcome, but also know the risks involved in having hope. I respect your methodical fight, and hope that doing so will bring you some kind of peace, not matter what the outcome.
I *so* wish I could take your pain away, and I feel honoured to be considered one of your friends.
More hugs from me...xo
I'll admit that I was caught off guard by this -- read a post on RQ and immediately thought of you. Was so hoping that it wasn't, but now I know it is. NO words can express how sorry I am, and all I can say is hang in there. I plan to support this in any way I can (read your email just this morning). Take care...
you are a brave one, grasshopper. i don't know that i could be as strong. keep writing, keep talking and keep taking it day by day. xoxox
I hope and pray that events turn in your favor. I hope that people on China Adopt Talk hear your voice. I also hope that others ask some of the bigger agencies their opinions and whether or not they can go to bat for you. They should not be allowed to play with your heart this way. Hang in there! Much Love and many HUGS!!!
I don't want you to have to feel this kind of hurt... please let me go over there and slap someone really hard!!!! Goodness knows they need it...
Sending you a ton of hugs...
Post a Comment