Today I reminded myself on the way to work that:
- I have my health
- I have a job, and in this economy that is a luxury
- My mom is alive
- I have great great great friends
- I was fortunate enough to go to college and pursue my goals
- I own my own house, well, technically the bank owns, but that's beside the point
- I've not faced losing a loved one to cancer, nor have I faced it myself, to me, there may not be much worse in life
- I have strength of character, and so be it if that's gotten in the way at times. I'd rather have the character.
- I live in a country where freedom can be taken for granted, though perhaps it shouldn't be
- I live in a country where one person's voice can, and has, made a difference
- I have the ability to provide support to others
- I've been fortunate to dream of my daughter coming from China
- I have learned how to follow my dreams and in many cases have reached the other side of those rainbows in the sky
- I've finally learned, over the last year, to soak it all in, life and dreams can be terribly fleeting
Just for my benefit I need to say that again. Life and Dreams can be terribly fleeting, soak each moment in.
And last but not least, as those who know me best will attest to, I have the will to make it through this, no matter what is on the other side. This is just yet another fork in the road, there's good stuff on both paths I'm sure, I just don't yet know what it is.
To everyone who's followed for years, Thank You.
To the hundreds following the last few days, Thank You.
And so I close this post reminding myself, as sure as the sun sets tonight, it will rise again in the morning, just like the view outside the window a few weeks ago above.
3 comments:
You, my friend, are a much stronger person than I.
I wish you peace in the coming days, weeks, months and years.
I ditto what Rhonda said followed with big hugs. I can't stop thinking of you and praying that this either gets reversed or that your new journey will bring you much joy and peace.
I still say someone needs a good kick in the ass for doing this to you...
There is nothing wrong with a 'single' parent. Sometimes a single parent is 1,000 times better then some other 'parents'... grrrrr
Post a Comment