Went to work this morning to cover a short shift on a Saturday at the plant. Woke up as the pre-ass crack of dawn and was moving too slow to shower. No biggie, that's the beauty of not being a makeup or hair style freak.
Dress and drive. Okay, well, brush teeth, comb hair, feed dog (important detail) and let her out (even more important detail).
On the drive home at 10AM I get a text:
The pump is down for the well (I'm on a shared well) and plumber is not available till Sunday at noon.
Holy crap Batman. Now what? Well, here's my Top 10 thoughts when you lose water.
- Think about what it would be like to not have a shower till Sunday afternoon. Not pretty.
- Realize the house projects I wanted to do, gardening and some inside work, could not be done.
- Good neighbors make good showers.
- Discover that you should have shaved at the neighbors and that shaving with water from a jug is extremely difficult. And ineffective.
- Gravity is your friend. Living downhill from the well means I could pull every last bit into containers that was left in the lines.
- Spreading mulch was not a good idea. The freakin mulch was colored with a dye that wore off on my hands. Looked like I gutted a cow.
- Do I really need to go to the bathroom?
- Yes, so go get a bucket of water from the lake for the toilet tank.
- Being out of water AND out of wine means even if I were Jesus I'd be out of luck.
- Desparate times call for desparate measures, ice cubes will eventually become water for the dog.
Well, other than a very grungey trip for 3 days hiking 20 some miles in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
No comments:
Post a Comment