Sunday, August 15, 2010

being caught off guard

It's been almost 3 months since I got the call yet there are still things that totally send me ass end over tea kettle (love that british phrase) when I least expect it.

Take for instance the day I received the following emails in my facebook in box:
  • How exciting! Can't blame you about keeping it "between friends" for now! I will say some prayers that it comes very quickly!
  • "This is fantastic news! I will be looking forward to the newest member of the family! xxoo"
  • "Oh I so can't wait to hear your news!!! The referrals last month were so so young and I see rumors flying that referrals are soon to be comming!!!! Can't wait to shed happy tears for you!!!!"
  • "This is so incredibly exciting... can't wait to hear the news..."
Uhmm, huh?

After the first one I read I was thinking, WTF? Then I got all these other emails to my facebook inbox and I thought, why the hell would someone think I was getting a referral this month and who the hell are all these people, along with the few who I did recognize.

I thought, wow, what a cruel thing, why would people send emails to me congratulating me on a pending referral. And honestly, the crushing blows and sting of it not being real was pretty tough. It wasn't till I got home and could look at the FB account online to see the email trails when I found out what happened.

Someone I am linked to is expecting  a referral this go round, she emailed many people on one email and quite a few hit the 'reply to all' rather than just 'reply'. So what seemed like emails to me were really just a case of being cc'd instead.

It took some of the sting away but not all.

Was one of those crappy moments in life where your guard is down and consequently you feel every.single.impact of whatever came your way. Was a good lesson though in the old adage "not everything is about you".

6 comments:

Jacquie said...

Ouch. Honestly? All I've got on this one is a big... "THAT SUCKS." And an "I'm sorry."

Special K said...

I'm sorry for the sting.
:(

HuluMama said...

Know I am thinking of you.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Always thinking of you even if we don't talk as much xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ouch....that really stinks. Sorry. Thinking of you.

K~ said...

It's OK for it to be "All about You". NO one should have to endure what you have had to endure over the past few years. Wishing you much better days! :)