Wednesday, August 11, 2010

time flies...

... even when you're not having fun.

Wow, when I logged on, couldn't believe it had been a month. Let me just say... I spent the last 7 weeks with a cold/virus (and all the lovely side infections) that kicked my ass. I won't go into the details, just can say I've never been that sick in my life... hell years combined and I wouldn't reach it.

I missed a lot of work, I missed going away to visit friends, I missed just talking (and hearing) when for days at a time I lost those abilities. It sucked.

I'm doing better and I'm wondering, "how did I spend the last month"? No clue, other than my mom helped me tear apart more of the kitchen (pictures to follow) on the only weekend I felt decent right in the middle. Pictures of the changes to come and man is the linoleum we found ugly.

It's so ugly... it makes the your mama is so ugly ... jokes seem like compliments.

I've been wanting to get back to blogging but it seems I write best when I can write freely and beyond being sick I feel a bit of a need to circle those wagons, regain some anonymity and be me. whatever that means now. I have no clue.

So lots of changes to chat about, lots of things on my mind and lots of healing left to go no matter what the future holds. I'll likely write about the dating world, yes, I did just say dating world, the China rejection/denial, watching my friends receive referrals, being a loner for a bit and just sort of gaining perspective again on health and happiness. Oh and work too... LOTS going on there, finally.

Today a lady bug landed on my car door as I reached out to hug someone goodbye. We had been chatting about the adoption and where I was as a whole with everything and that ladybug drifted on over and chilled on the door for a bit. And I thought.... hmmmm.

What hmmmm means, well, I don't have a clue.

4 comments:

wzgirl said...

Just sending an X and an O...

Jacquie said...

Missed you.

Special K said...

Glad to hear from you. I've been wondering how you've been.

Hugs.

HuluMama said...

Always good to see you post. Lots of love!