- For my health... though not as great as it was just a year ago, it's so much better than in previous months.
- For the ability to travel freely in a country all about freedom, well mostly that is, except for Arizona.
- For my love of photography.
- For Ginger still going strong after 12 years.
- For a paycheck.
- For meeting a great guy who never lets a day go by without letting me know I'm special to him. And even more so, for realizing no one is perfect, not even the people you place on pedestals.
- For recognizing that although I can burn the crap out of anything cooked on top of the stove, I can cook inside the oven like crazy ;-)
- For those who get me, and even those who do not. There's much to learn from both crowds.
- For recognizing that it's not the name brands I own, the clothes I buy, the riches I surround myself in that defines me. Never has been, never will be.
- For my new camera... I've got a lot to learn just to use the basic features!
- For understanding there are many ways to give support and love, and quite frankly doing it your own way is okay.
- For the world that Sophia opened to me and the additional world Magpie opened to me.
- For the incredible and overwhelming support from strangers and loved ones after that call came.
- For the thoughtfulness, kindness and understanding that still flows.
- For embracing and loving my right and need for privacy, I've finally learned it's okay to do it all your own way. It really is.
- For new friends, old friends and true friends.
- For a roof over my head, heat in my home and food in my stomache.
- For the continued adoption referrals of all of those who've been a blessing in my life during the last 5, nearly 6, years.
- For recognizing that life can change just as dramatically in an instant as it can over many years... and that sometimes it changes back again.
- For having the incredible luck and good fortune of spending a few days west recently, including the Grand Canyon, never thought I'd ever get to go.
And I am once again reminded the riches of life come from all the things you can't put a price tag on. Congratulations to my dear friend who's daughter just came her way... just in time for Christmas ;-)
4 comments:
I love, love this perspective; so full of hopefulness and expectancy. . . and some peace mixed in. Rich indeed. Christmas is an extension of the Thanksgiving 'season' to me too.
So happy for you and all that you have to be thankful for!
My heart is more full than I ever could have imagined. While I finally am able to continue the journey to my daughter, I want you to know that "I carry your heart with me".
I'm glad you have of great Christmas "gifts".
Sounds like a wonderful list.
I know we only know each other through the blogs and I hope this doesn't come off sounding obnoxious...but you sound like you're in a good place. And that makes me happy for you. :)
Post a Comment