Tuesday, December 07, 2010

I love sarcasm

So those who know me best know that when I'm most comfortable I can be quite sarcastic. So herein lies one of the benefits of facebook.

Yeah yeah, I know, it took me years to join. I'm aware. But I like it simply to stay "in touch" and by in touch I mean, hey, I'm not on facebook every hour, every day or sometime even, horrors, I'm not on every week... it's just not that kind of thing for me. At most I play my game and kick some ass, it's a stress reliever :)

For the most part I just like being linked and being able to stay in touch no matter where life may take you. However, there is a terribly funny side of facebook, all those groups you can join to let it all hang out. For instance, here's just a snapshot of ones I've seen with the number of followers:

  • I use my bra when I don't have pockets. (267,000)
  • The toilet paper goes OVER the roll when you replace it, not under (16,000)
  • I still don't understand how Dick is short for Richard (234,000)
  • I don't want a job, I just want money (736,000)
  • If 500,000 people join this group nothing will happen (581)
  • moms who need wine (463,000)
  • I hate it when you're with MC Hammer and he doesn't let you touch anything (656,000)
  • I hate it when your seatbelt locks and you can't move (431,000)
  • Sometimes you just have to smile and pretend everything is alright. (68,000)
I just find it funny, as person after person finds these crazy crazy links. And I realize everytime it happens, there is a place for everyone, even if it's not a place you'd want to hang :)

No comments: