- last minute (Mall) shopping with Papi
- drive home, pack and wrap presents.
- Christmas Eve party next door (didn't even bake... too crazy) for a couple hours
- drive to Papi's family for presents at midnight
- missed the midnight party... we fell asleep upstairs for a 'brief' nap
- woke up at 1:30 am, unwrapped and exchanged presents with those die-hards still awake and partying.
- asleep at 4 am... then up and drove to mom's by 2 pm.
- trade presents, dinner, drive back to my house for Christmas there at 8pm.
- Didn't even take any photos, this in and of itself is shocking.
Crazy, lots of travelling, lots of food (will my pants fit??) and some of the most wonderful moments in years. By far the best Christmas ever and without a doubt any one of the great moments would have made it wonderful all on their own.
No matter what this last year brought, or what next year may bring, the close of this year is one I'm grateful for. I'm also quite thankful I've finally been able to watch the majority of those I went through The Wait with receive their referrals. It's been bitter sweet but mostly sweet. I just wish I'd found a way sooner to say more to each of them.
Everything in it's own time.
I hope everyone's holidays left them with joyous moments to remember.
More to come on the "Christmas" trip to Vegas and the Grand Canyon in the next post. Lots of pictures with the new cameras.
1 comment:
Yep... good. :)
Post a Comment