Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ground Hog Day

You know the movie right? Well where I live it's Ground Hog Day but instead of reporters and talk of spring it's much more so shovels and tons of white stuff.

You know it's New England when:
  1. *****No matter what you set the house at, it still feels cold and you resort to using the computer power pack/cord, that always feels hot, as a heater.
  2. You spend the night before a storm digging out a path to simply get to the snow blower.
  3. The dog house is now an igloo. You decide to leave the snow on top... it's an insulator. Yes, that's the dog house. It's elevated to allow a dog to use in the summer and hang out underneath and then insulated in an enclosure in the back corner.
  4. The dog (female) now pees standing up.
  5. You look at your parking area/driveway and decide how much of the room, that's left, you can use for the snow over the next 6 weeks. (I'm down to about 1/3 of the starting area and it's at chest height)
  6. When shoveling snow you finally say screw it and shovel some into the street.
  7. You have a meltdown in a snowbank cause your snowblower isn't running right and there is a fresh 30" of snow to get through...
  8. You resort to sleeping downstairs cause there's no heat upstairs and you like it cold at night, but not that cold.
  9. The dog no longer screws around taking her sweet time when going out.
  10. The plant you work at, when deciding whether or not to shovel the roof, talks about load of snow in terms of hundreds of thousands of pounds and deciding how close to the rating they are willing to get.
And last but not least, you quit watching the weather. The only thing more predictable than the news covering murders, accidents, general negativity, is the weatherman talking about another storm... like the one tomorrow, which follows the one from today.

**** I am very lucky I was at home today when this happened and wasn't just next door with the neighbors or left it on while I was at work... a certain Happy Provider of computers told me 1 year ago the power supply getting hot was normal... really? so hot you can't touch it? Well screw em. Tonight my ass is burning and almost literally. The damn thing sparked, smoked, popped... I quickly unplugged it before a fire started. I am not happy with my Happy Product.

No comments: