Thursday, January 27, 2011

Deja #$@%!@$$* Vu

Seriously, is this for real?

Go to bed, wake up, 20 more inches of snow arrived overnight. That's not an exageration. So let me add to my "you know you're in New England When" post:

You know you're in New England when:
  1. You live on a dead end road where the town plows, you pay an F-ing arm and leg for with your taxes, decide to clear ONE lane of traffic. Did I mention the dead end? It's not like we can turn it into a one way.
  2. You realize your most serious critical mistake when you wake up. You left the shovel outside. Yes, that shovel you will need just to open the front door.
  3. You no longer look at your wrap around the whole house deck, likely 750 sf, as an asset. It is now your enemy. And you'll wage war on it, this weekend, hopefully in time to save the deck.
  4. The first thing you do is recognize if you don't get the damn dog pen cleared, even the tiniest bit, you're going to be cleaning up the inside of the house, at 5 am.
  5. You take your first shovel break 2 hours in... at 7am.
  6. You take your second shovel break 4 more hours later... noon. You dry your gloves, coat, etc and hope for the best. And you think, hmm, should eat something. But there's that issue with not grocery shopping that is biting you in the butt.
  7. You take your third shovel break 3 more hours later at 4pm. You give up the war, the battle, the fight.
  8. The neighbors talk about what tools they have to help each other with the clearing of the roofs that must take place this weekend. In preparation for the 'party', you clear the dog house roof and hope for the best.
  9. You have at least 2 meltdowns in the snowbanks wondering how 'this too shall one day pass'.
  10. You realize your town just beat a state record for snow and think being number one isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I can honestly say, I don't know how I'm going to make it through this coming week.

Noreaster coming our way Tues/Weds. No. I am not kidding. I try not to listen to news of these events, thinking about it makes me lose it and it's so much better to lose it in a snowbank at 5am.

This will be our 6th major storm in 6 weeks. I left Syracuse because they got a major storm a week... seriously folks. WTF. This state is not set to handle this kind of snow.

No comments: