This weekend He and I went and registered for Magpie/Ming/to be determined. It was nice, not overly overwhelming leading to tears but also not crazy elation either. I'm still a little gunshy, a bit worried and constantly wondering if it's all going to happen.
I registered for the basics. Money is uber tight. In fact I've put my head in the sand and have refused to look at the budget. When I go bankrupt I will then sell the house :(
I skipped the cute toys, frilly clothes and so on. To be honest, this bothers me not one iota.
That's the thing. When your red thread is tattered, torn, stretched and a little faded you realize not much matters but the important stuff. A roof over your head, enough food to keep you from being hungry, good friends and love. The rest will somehow work itself out.
My one luxury in the store? the softest, most luxurious blanket known to man. I imagine I will pick it up this week and not wait for it to be bought. Heck, he almost laid down on the store floor and curled up in/on it when I made him feel it. It was that good.
It is the little things that matter the most. And I can honestly say... she is a tiny little thing as far as I can tell.
Now, if I could just get my hands on a baby bunting/onsie coat I would be golden. without it those Clothing Police are going to be all over me like white on rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment