I've had the crib for 5 years, it has always been something I could not part with.
I am oh so grateful I didn't. Not due to the money, but due to how special it is to me.
This weekend he came over (yeah, we are still very very close, not together anymore, but not distant either). He helped me put the crib together, finish the closet organizer and probably a bunch of other small stuff.
He quickly went to assembling the crib. Screws, nuts, bolts all bringing together the crib like a bird making a nest. And ta da, it was done. So I put in the mattress. We pushed, shoved, I mentioned it's supposed to be tight and we finally got it into place... almost. Just had to slide the last part and wedge it in and then it happened. The mattress ripped on the springs/support underneath.
That's when we discovered there was a top and a bottom to that wire rack thing. uh. hmm.
Mattress out, flip it all around, shove it back in, put sheets on and the bumper and admit to each other that the mattress will NEVER be fllipped over. After all, how waterproof are waterproof sheets?
But the crib is together, the book shelf is up, the closet is (nearly) done, just shelves to add in. Some clothes are put away, the room is painted and decorated. Just a few things left to do.
He and I may no longer be an item, but it was a pleasure to share this moment with him. It brought me peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment