yes, 3 posts today. But really, these have been floating in my head for days and weeks, but I always think all my posts through and so some take a long time to reach this corner of my world.
I learned a long long long time ago that I am highly attached to sentimental things. Not like a pack rat. Nope.
But I do have a few things from the important people in my life, a few things from important moments in life. They are the things that if I only had "15 min to evacuate the house" I'd want to try to save them all. Some are things for Ming, some are from my childhood, some from my grandparents... pictures too. We all have these things.
But with Ming I have quite a few things that are highly sentimental to me. They are all the things attached to moments of happiness and people who are important to me. One recent gift was unbelievably touching. He had arranged with his mom and sisters in Ecuador to send some things from there. When they arrived I could not believe it. One of his sisters had knitted these GORGEOUS ponchos. I had one when I was a kid and I still remember it. I loved it.
And so my lifetime of a sentimental journey continues. I placed them in her closet and couldn't wait to see her in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment