
We are DTC as of today!!!!
Our agency notified me before lunch that our Dossier was sent to China that morning. We are however with an agency that translates them in China, so there will be an additional few days once it reaches China before it's dropped off at the CCAA.
Can't believe it, it's been just 10.5 weeks since we started all the paperwork and met with the agency for the 1st session. Wow, it seems like a lifetime ago and yet only yesterday, all in an instance.
Now for the bad news... rumors abound, out of control again, as the head honcho at the CCAA has been touring North America... meeting with several 'bigger'agencies. The word on the street is that wait times, though at 10-11 months now, could go much higher... some agencies are now quoting 20-24 months waiting times to prospective parents. That's sucks, did I mention that sucks?

I say ignorance is bliss, we will blindly forge ahead, with our heads stuck in the sand. There is no point in getting hung up on the wait, it doesn't matter what is is today, what is was last month, last year or 10 years ago. All that matters is what happens in our journey, and we won't know how long, how short it will be until the day we meet our daughter.
2 comments:
I really like your blog Lisa. It hit home when you said there is no point in getting hung up. How very true!
I hope you don't mind if I put a link from my blog to your blog.
Stacy
Congrats on the DTC news! What a great feelings!
Post a Comment