Friday, June 30, 2006

And our news is:

I have a new job. I resigned from my current job today. I won't go into the gory details but let me just say this...

I've worked for 3 companies in 15 years, the most recent one for 10 years. I've had a total of 12 bosses in my time and almost as many titles, Change is inevitable, differences in personality are inevitable. But sometimes, well, sometimes you decide that change is something you need to make happen yourself and that it's time to move on and that what you go through and why just doesn't work for you or your family.

I honestly love working with the people who report to me. They will be incredibly missed, each and everyone one of them with all their talents and wonderful quirks that make the day fun, challenging and exciting. I also have some incredible bonds with a few peers in the site Leadership Team, I'll have them for life though and I am so lucky for that. One recently transfered out of town also.

I gave my notice this morning, but wrote this last night so I can't quite say how it all went down at this point. I'll update the blog later.

For those of you adoption land, you know how difficult this decision was with the mountain of paperwork we'll have to change... we are moving, somewhere in Connecticut or Rhode Island or Massachusetts. The job is located in commuting distance of that area. We will have to have so many documents redone, updated, we lose having our agency right down the street. We thought long and hard about the impact on us, but in the end this was the right job at the right time.

More on our move in the coming weeks. By August we'll be in our new digs... ok, our new temporary digs... no plans to house hunt till we get up there. Just too much to do here in the next 3 weeks, holy cow batman, 3 weeks... Practice for when referrals and travel authorizations come in for China.

6 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Wow!!!

Congratulations on the new job! How exciting! I hope all the best for you and Eric.

This will really help with the wait time for you. :) You'll be so busy you won't even realize it!

Congrats Again!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa! Congratulations! I know what it is like to feel the need to make a change. I'm going through that exact thing right now. I've been doing the same thing for 19 years and I'm bored. It isn't a challenge any more. I'm trying to figure out how to get into the field I want and find the right situation for us and the new baby.

Will you now be closer to me or farther away? It depends on which city you end up in. I'll let you know more once you post where you'v moved to. Post through Jenn as soon as you have your new address and when it is effective so that you can receive your July package. I wouldn't want it to miss you by going to the wrong address.

Good luck with the packing and the big move. I've done it many times myself and I know what a job it is. I have to admit that we were looking forward to seeing the Chesapeake Bay with you guys and trying the blue crab. But maybe where you will be going is more famous for the lobster. I love the stuff!

Have a great weekend and make sure to take a breather once in a while from the packing. I'll be thinking about you 2. Secretly, your April Secret Pal

Mary said...

Congrats on the new job! Nothing like taking on a bunch of changes all at once huh? :)

comingaroundagain said...

We will all be just as close as your computer! I hope you tell what's going on as I won't be having as much excitement going on here! I know it's a lot of work but it's also an adventure (I like those usually) and I also (as someone else commented) was thinking that this should really speed-up the 'waiting' time for ya'll...so, that's cool! All good from many perspectives! I'm excited for you!

Chrissie said...

Lisa - congratulations! Hope everything works out with the new job/new location.

Angela said...

Oh, but won't you miss your lovely neighbors?
I hope you are able to get into a nice neighborhood were ever you move to!
CONGRATS!!!