Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Latest updates

Let's see, what's new in our tiny little square of the world?

We are feeling overwhelmed with all we have to do in preparation for putting the house on the market. Last year we tackled so much in preparation of hosting Christmas with much of our family and in the thought that we might take a transfer with my company sometime in the Spring. So it's not all bad.

In the last few weeks we've been doing little by little and had done a major overhaul of the 'crap' that had accumulated in the last 8 months. Now we're down to details. In the last few days we've cleaned up all the closets, the master bedroom, some of the kitchen, laundry room, weeded for the last time, mulched, etc. We have loads more to do, a little bit each night. Next up, my scrapbook room (the loft), E's office area, the dining room. We need to find a cleaning service to do a MAJOR scrub down, then maintain it biweekly, lawn service for when we move, a painter for the foyer/livingroom/upstairs hallway (one giant room, never painted, looks like doo doo) and finally a contractor to repair some minor stuff on the outside of the house. Doesn't seem like much but I know it's going to be never ending.

Then there are the lists that are circling in my head... what to pack for temporary housing, who to notify, things to do in general... forgot what this was like! CRAZY!!!! I'm so grateful my mom volunteered out of the blue, without being asked, to help. We are definitely taking her up on it.

It will be worth it in the end. We will be closer to my mom and E's family and actually some of my friends from various places in life. It will be weird in the beginning. A day trip vs a 5-11 (last Friday, traffic sucked) hour drive.

All for now. I'll update later on with some wonderful quilt squares from family that I received in Beantown, squares from the April DTC group and a cool cool gift Magpie received from aunt Julie:) (ok, it's something I can have fun with before she comes!)

2 comments:

comingaroundagain said...

Ow! That does sound overwhelming - but it (getting moved) will all work out; like eating an elephant (one bite at a time; no groans - that's really what came to my mind). When I get overwhelmed, I always get tempted to pull out those large garbage bags and just start stuffing everything/anything in them to just get moved (little bit impulsive maybe). . . or just getting rid of everything we own.
From where you are, I'm sure it must be/feel crazy; but from where I am, it sounds like you're organized and doing what's needed. You'll make it! (cheering section here) ;-)

Anonymous said...

Lisa and Eric,

Instead of those lists items floating around in your head, write them all down. It will make everthing much easier and you can cross things off as they get done. I am a major list queen and although my family sometimes makes fun of me, I certainly get things done and never forget stuff like they do. And, make a list of the things you will need to do once you get to the new place. Tackling things one at a time will help you feel like you are making progress. My thoughts are with you eventhough I can't be there in person to help. (Really wish I could). Your April Secret Pal