We are fortunate to have 2 wonderful Secret Pals and have really enjoyed the giving and receiving of surprise gifts.We received both our October package and housewarming gifts. We loved it all. The Halloween ceramic candles have been used a lot and adorn our 'naked' fireplace mantel! The HOme Wish Tile will look wonderful once we figure out where all our artwork and assorted other wall stuff is going...
I"m not sure if my Secret Pal did some 'digging' for clues with my mom or not, since she knows who she is, or so I've heard! But, the cookie cutters are my favorite part of the package, my mom is a cookie baking freak (that's a compliment BTW!!) and I've carried on some of those traditions too. Looking forward to rolling out dough in our new kitchen with Magpie next year (fingers crossed huh?)
4 comments:
Lisa, it would be so great to be baking some Halloween cookies with Magpie next year--I'm with you on that! I'm hoping next year we will all have our babies home at this time.
Thanks again for all the help with the blog!
Aimee
L & B,
You are so welcome! I admit that the theme originally stumped me a bit but I finally figured it out. No didn't check with your mom on the cookie baking although that conversation might have been fun. I actually found these early in the summer and decided that you'd just have to have them. To me, cookie baking is just part of the fall and holidays. I can't wait to share my love of baking with our child and to pass on our family's traditional recipes.
Our pumpkin carving party was a huge hit and I'll email you a couple of pics later, once DH downloads them from the camera. But the event wasn't quite what I had planned. The preparations got delayed a bit because we spent Friday night in the emergency room. Crazy me fell off a chair while hanging decorations for the party and I broke my left wrist. A bad break and quite painful when it happpened. But they set it and cast it and it is just a bit sore from lack of movement. The party must go on and some friends and my MIL took up the work and we all had fun. This is my first and hopefully last cast. So here I am typing with my right hand. Oh well, at least it will be a holiday to remember.
Have a great week and look for the Nov gifts to start showing up soon, although DH will now have to help with the wrapping and packing. LOL Oh, and how do you know that I know your mom? Did she tell you or did Jenn mention it, and have you figured out who I am?
Your now one handed April Secret Pal
OOPs! I thought I checked for all my mis-typing, cut I have a B instead of an E. So sorry! This one handed stuff can be a bit difficult sometimes! YASP (Your April Secret Pal)
YASP,
I find it too funny that you wrote L and B, that's the 2nd time, the first time I thought, wow, who's B? I just thought of B as our last name!
Hope you are doing better soon. Sent you an email through Jenn.
LIsa
Post a Comment