So, while many of us are passed out on Turkey and the after effects of Triptophan (spelling?), there's what looks like a great show on TV. (thanks to an avid reader of mine that is... thanks bringinghomeolivia)
The Travel Channel has a special series on called "Trip of a Lifetime", only the episode on Thanksgiving night, from 10:00PM to 11:00PM East Coast time is about the Hall Family who travel from New York City to China to reconnect with the birthplace of their 4 year old daughter, who they adopted when she was 2 years old. She was adopted from Hunan, a province that many adopt from.
I for one, will have our DVR (that's TiVO to folks with Dish) taping. And, since we get boatloads of power outages at the new digs, I'll have the alternate times on DVR too!
This is a trip we'd planned to go on a few years after Magpie comes home, that is, when she's older than 10, that way she is old enough to enjoy it and understand it, but young enough not to have hit the teen years where things like that might not be "cool", ok, the part about hanging out with her parents that is.
Check the listing out if you're interested:
Trip of a Lifetime - China
1 comment:
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I just set my VCR since we will be out of town. I can't wait to see it.
Hugs,
Jonni
Post a Comment