Sunday, November 19, 2006

Deep Breath

Yeah, that's me, a deep breath kind of evening. I'm feeling much better, but don't for one second leave here thinking, presto, good as new again she's over Sophia. You don't get over a child... what kind of person would think that?

Rather, I feel a bit of a cleansing... hard to desribe. I'm a huge believer in getting things out in the open, airing your thoughts out, just releasing. Regardless of the difficulty or discomfort or ego busting that's needed. And yeah this includes me. I feel sorry for the people who think that emotions, bad memories and trauma are things you bottle into cute, tiny, perfum bottles to be put on a shelf as a badge of emotional 'control'. Let's not mistake courage or 'realness' for 'control' folks.

Hmmm, yeah, that's my opinion.

I know that some people function their whole life that way, quite satisfactory in fact... though I would wager they've missed out on some incredible opportunities, both within themselves to learn more and also with others, to reach a higher level of understanding, bonding, trust, love, appreciation... guess you can tell where I stand on these things. If you find that everyone around you is a 'yes man' and that your circle doesn't include anyone you trust or rely on who ever disagrees with you or tells you that you made a big mistake... well, you're a perfum bottle person.

Being honest, being raw, being the bearer of not so hot news, well, it can be tough on the receiver, but don't skip the fact that it's tough on the giver too. Objectivity takes courage, that's for sure. It's easy to give news when you know it's exactly what the person already thinks...

So this brings me to the obvious, but I need to say it, my friends/family (mentioned specifically in the previous post), my honesty/rawness (too uncomfortable for many I know) and my writing bring me clarity, bring me the ability to breath and bring me to tomorrow. Clarity folks is what makes life worth living. That fresh clean air is the result of cleaning the smog out of my head.

Thanks for hanging with me in the smog this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have this site as an outlet to cleanse. And I hope it helps you to know that you aren't alone.