My friend Mindy continues to inspire me... so another episode of Thankful Things is upon us.
This weeks Thankful Things:
That I can see the sun rise every morning on the way to work (saw it this morning and it made me smile inside and out).
That I was raised in a neighborhood with a bit of a mix between "Roseanne", "The Brady Bunch" and "Friends", and that at least some of the families I grew up with remain that way still.
That the softball tumor removed years ago was 'just' a fibroid.
That we both have jobs we enjoy and are good at.
That I still have close friends from my childhood.
That years ago I learned, long before we lost Sophia, what the 'big picture' is all about.
That through J's wisdom and deep loss, I've learned to breathe deep and cut myself slack every November/December. You're the best.
That we're back in the northest.
That I knew my Nana in a way few people know their Nana.
That I am loved by such a wonderful man.
That E and I are surrounded by people, with regard to the adoption, who "get it", really "get it" and never stop letting us know.
Pretty good list considering the last few weeks I'd say! Mindy, thank you for giving me the simplest of ideas.
1 comment:
I think it's awesome to be able to stop and realize all the good things we have, especially when most of us are so frustrated with this wait and feel like things suck most times. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment