This post brought to you by the number 8. Yes, we hit our 8th month of waiting... it's amazing. When we started our paperwork, the wait was 9 months, when we submitted our paperwork it was 10-11 months, and as of this past set of referrals, the wait is now around 16 months, though it will likely rise even further.We are not half way there... we are someplace but without a clue as to exactly where! Oh well. We celebrated in our new (as of last month) tradition, Chinese out. It was really nice, this new buffet in town, you cannot believe all the things on the buffet. Sure, nothing compared to what we'd see in China, but I was still surprised! Frogs Legs, Peking Duck, tons of seafood, octopus, squid, of course Sushi... no, we didn't have all of those but sure did fill up anyway.
Can you believe it, we've spent the first 12 weeks of the wait in Maryland, the next 11 weeks in a hotel and the last 14 in our new house... WOW, what a whirlwind. Kind of remarkable when you think of it. The stories we'll be able to tell Magpie one day about all we saw, did, experience, etc while waiting, ever so impatiently for her arrival.
(yes, this post was written the same day as the one below. sometimes you have to separate out the emotions so as not to hinder the beautiful things in your life)
6 comments:
Congrats on eight less than it was.
Wow...you HAVE been through the home changes since this wait began. Glad that's behind you even if it did distract a bit from the waiting. Moving bites in my opinion.
Happy 8 mos. Here's to more adventures and tales to tell Magpie!
I found your blog from reading The Jade Road. First, I just want to congratulate you on 8 months!
Second, I read some of your previous entries and just have to say that your Review of 2006 was incredible. Very reflective and I could relate to so many of the things you've gone thru and learned. The adoption journey is something else, isn't it? I got teary eyed reading some of your points. Anyway, I tend to go on and on. So, I will just finish by saying I will be visiting your blog again.
Yeah, baby! Eight is grrreat!
Damn - 8 months is a long time. I know b/c I'm right behind you...oh, about 7 days. Glad to know that I am in good company. Hang in there, you, Ms. LisaB/Momma to Magpie2B!
Happy 8! We are coming up on the big 8 at the end of the month, and it definitely feels better. I know it will still be a while, but 8 is feeling like some progress most days.
Post a Comment