Monday, January 08, 2007

Nuff Said

This is the last time I will ever mention that crappy news station, the chick who 'orchestrated' it and her band of merry maids.

Sure, she invited some folks to get it right, which the new guests did and in a fair and balanced manner. Sure, she included a bit more real news and some facts... but why invite back on the angry, agenda laden person who couldn't see his own issues, his own agendas and his very own 'blinders'? The guy who after he had his peice, decided noone else should and interrupted the new, much calmer and mature guests... Here's what I sent:

For the record, I am an adoptive parent to be, who researched nearly a dozen country options, including the US and dozens, nearly 40 agencies in search for the right fit for our family.

You would be better suited answering the question... why not the USA? What is it about adoption in the USA?

I have a hard time understanding why, in an attempt to set things right (which is clearly what the mission was), you as an individual and CNN as the name that could be raked through over the coals, elected to invite Roland Martin back on the show.

The man clearly has issues and an agenda, neither of which have any place in the news room. Jerry Springer, Oprah, The View, Howard Stern, Saturday Night LIve, Leno, the Late Show... all good options for that.

In this day and age of multitudes of options, literally dime a dozen in the news industry, CNN and Paula Zahn, you almost got it right. But almost, is not good enough, especially with the fact you had a captured audience and the goal of a 'balanced' second chance.

Considering how well some of your other segments last week and this week, were written, how balanced the guests were (agenda and anger free) and how well directed/orchestrated they were, I cannot understand why it wasn't possible to get this right.

Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice... Hello NBC.

I gave you more credit than it was due.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! "Fool me twice...Hello NBC." What a shame that that is probably the only language they understand.

Anonymous said...

I was really disappointed in the second show as well. I didn't think the real issues were truly addressed. And Roland Martin pissed me off every time he opened his mouth.