So up to part 4 in the ALT installment of Magpie's quilt. We're nearing the end folks, I think just over 20 people took part and so there should be 2 more posts after this one... and then I have no more excuses to keep me from starting the quilt. I can cut and cut and cut... and then stare at the pile wondering how to procrastinate further.
This first square reminds me of my grandmother, my nana. And NO, this is most definitely not an insult. To this day I still miss her, even her crazy annoying habits. I miss her. So thank you for sending us a square that reminds me of her. She was probably my first deep friend in life though it took me years to
realize it. It was about the time that alzheimers completely consumed her that I realized how much I had lost. We spent our summers with Nana and Pop and we were so fortunate for this gift of time. The quilt wish, was for Sincerity, as Confucius says, it's the basis of every virtue. How true.The second square is uber cool, yes, I did just say uber. It's sort of like peacock fabric and reminds me of amny a time in my life when I saw a peacock. I always marveled at the display of colors and the beauty of that bird. This fabric is from J and K, they are a source of great humor and sarcasm and which ALT couldn't use more of that? Their wish "A child's life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark"... this is very true. Some marks are better left as never happening, but all marks make an impression and it's the challenges as much as the joys that make each one of us who we are.
The third fabric, another batique (sp?) and we KNOW I love this style, surprisingly though I didn't select that kind for any of the swaps I did. The quote, by Cal Jung "Your vision will become clear when you look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams. Who looks inside awakens." good advice and I'm sure that Magpie will one day understand the depth to which that quote has meaning. Love the fabric. thanks guys, the wishes continue to send me off thinking deep deep thoughts and really starting to wonder about how I can tell not only tell her about the quilt, but more importantly all the messages behind the quilt.The final fabric today is from our previous home state of Maryland, from Sarah. just today we were talking about how we miss the Bay. I don't think it's the comfort of our routine, of our old life, I think it's just the alure of the Bay. There was so
much positive, sorry we never met you when we lived there. Sarah gives us this cool fabric, reminds me of the 70's, of a previous
fabric we received and of a box of crayons with so many colors that call out to color with. She wishes Magpie the courage to follow her passion AND she used a quote I used for my first swap. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the one you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." I love that quote and it represents so much about our family and our desire to know and see the world.Another fabulous installment of the fabrics that make up the ALTs.
No comments:
Post a Comment