Saturday, February 03, 2007

What would you do if...?

If this were the view of your home today of the first snowfall AND your daughter or son was already home from China, how would you spend the day?



It would start by hearing Magpie's excitement over the fluffy cotton stuff on the ground, then it would quickly escalate into a mass confusion as gloves, scarves, mitten, boots came tumbling out of the closet, boots on the wrong feet, mittens on backwards and the pounding on our bedroom door to "GET UP Mommy and Daddy, it's snowing it's snoooooowwwwwing (excited jumping up and down on the hardwood floors as she holds onto the door handle)!!!!!"

(as if the commotion hadn't already woken us and the dogs!)

We'd all quickly head outside, grab the sled and sled down our poor excuse for a hill, but we'd love every second of it. We'd do this over and over and over, sometimes I could see us grabbing the dogs and Magpie and all trying to crowd into one sled, arms, legs, fur flying everywhere... this even before the sled moved.

After some time passes, we'd make snow angels and Magpie would ask Daddy why the snow won't make a snowman and we'd have to try to explain it to her.

We'd head inside, light a fire (ok, flip the switch) and settle in for some hot cocoa made with milk and some peppermint sticks and we'd put in a movie as we all climbed onto the sofa for a lovely Saturday afternoon.

So, back to the question, if this were the view outside your window today, the first snowfall, and your daughter/son was already home from China, what would you be doing today? How would your day differ from what you would 'normally' be doing instead?

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

I think your daydream of the future is just perfect. I'll sign on for that!

Anonymous said...

Lots of sledding, snowmen, snow angels, and hot chocolate! Can't wait for it!!

"M2" said...

definately snow angels and a snow man
then cuddling on the couch with a good book and some cocoa

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Snowmen, sledding, snowballs, a warm bath and hot cocoa afterwards for all.

Am I the notarious Plano visitor?
I am leaving this at 11:24 p.m EST

Congrats to your friends with the baby boy on his way!!

jules

Anonymous said...

I so look forward to the day when I can see the snow through my daughters eyes. At this time I even look forward to gettting her all dressed up in her snow gear, only to discover she has to pee. I know that will ge told fast, but for now it all seems fun.