Today, better late than never, the first one "hatched" and flew out into the world. I missed the emergence from the chrysalis, but I'm guessing by how dossile it was when I got home and that it could not yet fly, that I couldn't have been more than 30-60 minutes late. I took the whole plant outside and captured the next few minutes on film.
No more words, just pictures over the last 2+ weeks.
10 comments:
When they first come out of the chrysalis their wings are very wrinked up. They pump fluid into their wings over time and have to wait a bit to fly. That window of time is fairly short, so it sounds like you got to see part of it. It's very cool to see that yours survived, as this is one of most vulnerable times of their life. Nice pictures!
He's beautiful! And you captured it so well. The last one is my favorite!
Very Cool! Just felt like I tuned into National Geographic. You really captured the process.
beautiful.
Amazing. What beautiful photography of the process.
AWEsome!!!
So cool!
That is so AMAZING!!!! Thanks for capturing this on film and posting it. How beautiful. Butterflies hold special meaning in my life. Just this morning while taking a run through some trails we saw 4 or 5. Little did I know that I would see your special butterfly later today.
You captured this beautifully! A real reminder of the circle of life.
Wow wow wow wow...
that butterfly on the fence photo rocks!
Post a Comment