Saturday, September 08, 2007

For a good friend

I've mentioned my friend in the hospital, the truth is, I am likely her newest friend, our relationship the youngest of all the ones she has. But somewhere in there is the making of a wonderful friendship I hope to have for many years to come. We met just over a year ago through the local FCC chapter. She was the first person I "got to know" in New England before we even moved here.

Since then we've chatted, shared, met for one of those infamous online blind dates and since then have shared so much. We share a great deal of our personality in common and it's comforting. Being able to just be yourself, and being appreciated for it at the same time has to be one of the great moments of life. I am grateful to have become her friend.

She is still in the hospital and quite frankly I have no idea when she's coming home. Here's to the day she's home with her husband and her daughter is back in her arms.

May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

Beyond that, I really don't have much to say, there's little that I know about the situation and even if I knew... it sure as heck wouldn't be posted here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts go out to your friend during this difficult time. Sending positive energy her way...

Shirley said...

Thanks for sharing..very nice of you! I will be going to visit her today.

Anne Marie said...

Thinking of your friend...

C's Mom said...

I'm thinking of her, her family and of you. It's wonderful when your friends are there for you.