Sunday, November 04, 2007

Greased Lightening


The title is neither how time is flying while wishing Magpie were already home, nor is it the speed at which the CCAA continues to process dossiers for waiting families just like us.

The update?

They reached December 8, 2005 LIDs, the wait for these families was 23 months.

As for us?

Our LID is May 8, 2006.

A difference of around 150 calendar days but likely, at this pace, over 20 months more to go. Putting us at a 3 year total wait. I am feverishly trying to wrap my head around that idea, I am trying, but it's not going well at all.

Lack of paper ready babies? Perhaps.

Lack of babies for which to get papers ready? No way. I've always thought there was much much much more to the 'slowdown' than can easily be explained away. At the end of the day though, there are a hell of a lot of babies in China and all throughout the world waiting for families just like ours.

Times like this make deep thought a very troubling endeavor. I just cannot understand what short sighted 'good' comes from what seems like a very calculated slowdown. And selfishly speaking, these are difficult times indeed.

No amount of well wishes or advice take away that fact.

8 comments:

wzgirl said...

Word.

Jacquie said...

So very very sorry. Damn.

Anonymous said...

I so hear you!

Waiting just sucks.

Kathryn said...

I hear you too Lisa!

Kathryn :(

Cavatica said...

Too too slow. I'm sorry.

Kristen and David said...

Hi there, as a fellow April-May LID'er (06, thank goodness not 07)I have been following your beautiful blog. I have been wondering, what does the ALT stand for before your blogs? You can feel free to add mine, although it's not nearly as interesting or entertaining as others!

Julie said...

I completely agree. With an LID of 8/1/06 I know we will waiting for probably 2 more years. It just sucks.

Michele said...

You are allowed to be a little selfish. You've been through enough already.

Hugs!