How wrong is it that when The Biggest Loser "couples" edition is on, we're eating lemon cake with lemon glaze, after a full Thanksgiving style feast we cooked to help ring in the New Year?
Does it count that we didn't stuff ourselves we just cooked too much?
(my mom of course is wondering a.) "what's the biggest loser"?, and b.) she can cook a turkey by herself?)
******************
happy new year everyone, here's my wish list for 2008:
China gets things moving and it's our year (though e's toast last night as the ball dropped was a bit less eloquent).
The writers strike is over and they can all go back to making boatloads more money than most people, not just writers but producers too.
A new president. Yes, I understand it will happen regardless, but I'm hoping for one that looks presidential in the eyes of the world.
That 2008 is full of more ups than downs, more half full than half empty, and just plain simple peace, happiness and great connections.
11 comments:
I'll raise my cup of tea and yummy italian cookie to all of the above...especially going to China and a presidential president (wouldn't that be a nice change:)
Happy New Year!
From your lips to China's ears. Err.... or something like that. And ditto on the rest.
One can always hope for good things.....especially the China one. I really wish they'd figure out that getting those babies into their parents' arms would show better "face" in the eyes of the world community than to let them grow older and older in the orphanages. Why can't the media focus this situation in the good light that it can be instead of the negative side of the situation? I think that is the key. Oh yeah, and China getting a heart.
I sat watching the biggest looser last night with chips and dip
and my bag of Lindt truffles I got for Christmas :)
Speedy referrals to China and Hillary for President(just my opinion people)... whoops.. did I say that... as for the writers/producers getting more cash... I am not missing TV shows (no good ones anyway) I will stick to my own little TV http://flissystubes.blogspot.com/ that is where I find all the good shows that were once on... have a great one...
HAPPY NEW YEAR! I sure hope it turns out to be your year! Regardless the wait will be worth it. See ya Friday!
Did E saying something like "I hope China gets their a$$ in gear and gets moving on referrals?" I swore again on your blog ... delete this one if you must :-)
Happy 2008 to you and the pups, too!
Yep. Good list. I can't ever watch Biggest Loser unless Jim isn't home or I go hide in the bedroom or something. I would kill for some lemon cake with lemon glaze right now!
I certainly hope your wishes come true this year!!!
Happy New Year plus all of those wishes on your list right back atcha'. You'd think that with all of us sending forth the same wishes - it might carry some weight.
I know. I know. Happy NY anyway. XO
OMG! I always seem to be eating something terribly "bad" when I watch this show. Too funny!
Happy 2008 and see you next weekend.
Post a Comment