Friday, January 04, 2008

progress

So, it's time again for a wonderfully glorious progress reports known as "Guess your REFERRAL DATE"! I decided there's no point of documenting this every month, it would be like getting a yardstick to measure the progress of a snail in 60 seconds of travel.

Can't wait, I know!

The December referrals:


















The January referrals:





If you are playing along at home, in the last 60 days of zooming through the milky way galaxy at an incredible rate of speed, things over in Asia have ground to a snails pace (and who are we kidding, the hope of having a family has too).

Here's the score:

60 days of time gone

11 days of families processed

we've gone from 151 days left waiting in line all the way screaming towards and stopping at 140 days left waiting in line. In 60 days of standing in line we took 11 steps forward! Gosh, just think how far we'll get in the remaining 360 days of 2008!

Well, on the bright side, perhaps this gives us another year on top of the nearly two we've waited, to continue to enjoy being childless, going without our dream, listening to more assvice about how wonderful it is not to have a family, sit through holiday or family events where very few people bother anymore to acknowledge the adoption that lingers in our heart, yeah, this should be a kick ass time for sure! Hell, sign us up for more!

Awesome dudes.

It's either sarcasm, anger, tears or indifference, I've been through them all and quite frankly I prefer sarcasm. I know many of my friends are deeply saddened by what's happening as they wait for a child from China themselves. I know they are underwhelmed by the support, disappointed by the unwillingness to try to understand and saddened by the lack of basic interest by those around them. For that I am truly sorry, your pain is our reality too and we understand, we will never forget this time in our lives.

ps -the last batch of referrals, got through 5 days of families, however, based on online polls it is the smallest batch of in terms of sheer numbers of families, not days, in the last 2 years. The wait has officially entered unchartered territory.

10 comments:

LisaBB said...

I'm popping open a beer for you right now. You are braver than I was. When every month brought us further behind instead of further ahead on our journey, I stopped thinking or wanting to know what was happening. Family would be outraged that we couldn't 'call someone to complain'. When I said I didn't want to talk about the adoption, they would keep asking questions. I had to say 3 times to one 'i DON'T want to talk about it'.
PS- I hope you like 'fancy' beer and the Red Rider BB gun movie is A Christmas Story

Lili said...

did you say 'assvice'? Love that. Sarcasm is way better than sadness for this unchartered territory business.

-Lili

Jacquie said...

Sigh. Still thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

I love your sarcasm because I am not very good at it, so I am living vicariously through you...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ok... I think that I am going to take up smoking now!!! Along with drinking... ummmm...

Kathryn said...

I think for the first time this weekend I feel like this may not happen. I just think this all just plain sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I no longer feel like this is a sure thing and now my whole mindset has to change. What a f&^%$# drag this is turning into.
I love your sarcasm!!!
Kathryn

Samantha said...

I agree with Kathryn IT SUCKS!!!! Waiting SUCKS! Having to put your family on hold SUCKS!!!! Joe wanted to wait another year or two before putting our paperwork in. Thank God I pushed!!!! I can't believe it took me until almost 40. You have already waited as long as we did, I remember how hard and painful it was! I am sorry and I hope things speed up!

CA Momma said...

Sucks sucks sucks.SUCKS!!! That's all I have to say.

Operationtigerlily said...

There are not enoughs 'sucks' in the world to describe the suckiness in this process.

"M2" said...

I enjoy the "no one mentioning it part" for now

after months of asking what's going on, explaining the entire process over and over again to people who obviously aren't truly listening or else they'd comprehend the simple math I share
after explaining that the 8 months we have left to wait isn't really 8 months at all
after taking advise on "who to call" or what to do about it

I enjoy the peace.

I try to not find our family stupid, but it's hard

sarcasm and numb is the best

I've been a raging nut this week......I need a time out.