(don't worry mom, this is not R rated!)
Well, ours was really hot. As in 103 + fevers hot for a couple days. E brought some lovely concoction home from a trip to Vegas (the company annual meeting wiped out half their technicians in the northeast with the flu), he's been battling it since early this week. Me? I joined in on Thursday morning, but in true stupidity, I managed to drag my butt into work for the last 2 days of the week. Dumb.
Nothing like having the flu kick your ass and hand it back to you in peices. Since we've been married we've never been this sick and at the same time. Barely sleeping, eating is a thing of the past and my lungs and throat are on fire... last night we woke up at 1AM and never went back to sleep.
So although we don't go gung ho for Valentine's or special days in general, this one sure was an extreme. We missed dinner out, a special outing today to a camping tradeshow and just enjoying the weekend.
Honestly, as strange as it sounds, I'm okay with this laid back, fever and sleepless week and skipping the day altogether. Afterall, it's not the special days that form the glue holding a relationship together, it's all the days inbetween those supposedly special days that matter the most.
Besides, the cards we got... they won't go bad!
3 comments:
Yuck! Hope you all feel better soon! And I agree, it isn't the special days that make a relationship special. In fact, making it through the crumminess of all being sick - that's pretty special.
Sorry to hear you both had the flu, it sort of feels like getting hit by a train. Hubby and I many years ago had the flu at the same time and I remember it being pretty miserable!! True love is loving that person even though they are smelly from no shower, yucky from having a fever for days and wearing the same PJ's for a week.
Gosh, even being single on Valentines Day is better than how you guys celebrated this year. Hope you are on the mend and will make up for it sometime soon.
Post a Comment