Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Just wanted to share some photos I've taken lately, and this time all in Black and White. I have been playing around with B&W lately and trying to think in B&W. It's funny to do and I don't always get the contrast right! Also, I'm learning some colors just don't translate the way you think they will, red happens to be one of those colors.




Shots from a tiny little shore town on Long Island, just came upon a place to eat and we had a table overlooking the back of the dock and inlet area. The view was unbelievable as the sun was setting. Very peaceful, very calm, very beautiful.









Pictures from the first real snowfall of the season, was around the time I took the shots of NYC in the post a while ago. All shots from the deck of the house, a reminder for me of the incredible beauty you can find if you just slow down life occasionally.





Mother Nature's solo work on my car windshield one morning. I've never seen anything like it and I ran in to get the camera, AFTER I turned on the defrost (!#%$^*). I took a few shots outside then the rest inside the car, trying to race against the defrost... I almost made it, if I hadn't hit the wipers with my arm.

Oh well, I snapped a few.





The shots above came after a recent snow storm, seemed like every day the view shifted and changed as the sun manipulated the snow along the bottom edge of the deck railing, It was just cool to look at.

1 comment:

Michele said...

These all are great. Really.