Television
DVD player
Stereo
lights
ceiling fans
room heating units
car auto start
air conditioners
a plethora of kids toys
fireplace
jacuzzi
digital picture frame
What do these items have in common?
They all have remote controls. Amazing how lazy we've gotten, amazing how we shop by seeing if it has a remote control with it (or some other gadget). Come on, you know you do it. What's left in life that doesn't have a remote control? The toaster. The dishwasher. The washer and dryer. And of course, the kitchen sink. Hmmm, now there's an idea.
And so these are my thoughts as I turn on the fireplace this morning with my remote control. I reminsce about the smell of wood that I'm missing and the sound of the fire crackling, all from underneath a comfy blanket on the couch in my pj's.
Now where did I put that remote control?
1 comment:
We have many of these and many do not ahve a remote with them so I guess we aren't doing all that bad in this department.
I do love the smell of a wood fire but I hate the mess.
Post a Comment