For those who have seen the movie, you know and understand what this post is about.
The Bucketlist.
This post is not a movie review, it's not a tell all about my personal Bucketlist, but rather it's a message I hope Magpie learns much earlier than I did in life.
Magpie, I hope as you transition from being a child to a young adult, you form a great sense of who you are, but more so, have confidence in who you are. For only when you know and understand this deep down inside can you get the most out of life. You'll need to understand what makes you smile, what matters most, what doesn't. You'll need to form some ideas about your own values, morales and what motivates you. Be confident about who you are, you're the only one that gets to make that decision and has control over it. Don't hand over the reigns of your life, your character and you to anyone else. Share who you are, let others in, but don't give up your guiding principals and goals.
And only then, when you've got the essence of you down pat can you really enjoy life. It's only then when you are confident enough to know what's important for you, that you can decide what's on your very own bucketlist.
Even before the movie came out I had one of those lists (some in my head, some on paper), mostly it was full of the places I wanted to see in life and a few things about the experiences I wanted to immerse myself in. I bet we all have at least a tiny bucketlist to guide us through life. But I looked at it orginally as something to check off, I finally understand that it's not a checklist.
You see Magpie, life is a journey not a destination. You'll hear that often, but those words are weighty and deserve respect. So the bucketlist? Form one, live it, love it, make it who you are, who you want to be and what you want to experience. Because the bucketlist is not about checking off things as you head towards completing it. No, that would make it a destination. The bucketlist, your bucketlist, is the guide to your life's journey.
Magpie, make a bucketlist and make it all you dream of... then spend your whole life living it!
3 comments:
While I know this list is not abour your own personal bucketlist, I will be really excited when you finally get the opportunity to share your wisdom an life observations with Magpie.
Wow... deep stuff here. Very good advice.
Magpie is going to learn so much about life through your words.
Post a Comment