Monday, April 12, 2010

Magpie Monday - April 15th

Quick advice to Magpie:

1.  Don't wait till a few days before the tax deadline to start working on your taxes, especially when you had a variety of different new credits and 'debits'.

2. Don't assume you owe just cause of the changes you incurred, though let's face it, this is true more often than not.

3. When you put your tax documents in a "safe place", make sure you can remember where it is. (Eric used to joke that whenever I said I can't find something, he would say "did you put it in a safe place?" and of course, as we both knew, "I had".)

4. When in doubt, check, double check, triple check with a few online estimators, then find a damn accountant.

Crap crap crap I should have done this sooner.

Did I say CRAP?!!!!

2 comments:

HuluMama said...

Yup I have those safe places too! Hope everything has worked out for you this week! Sending good thoughts your way!!!

Michele said...

Oops! Hopefully lesson learned. I hope you got it all done and that you got a pleasant surprise or at least not a bad one.