Thursday, April 15, 2010

Photo Friday

So the downstairs is now painted and yes, the THIRD time is a charm. And let me just say this is the hardest area I've ever painted, doing it 3 times was insane.

First color, barely noticable, second color, really really tried to like it. Actually I did like it in a bedroom I once had, but here? ewh. Third time? A pale buttercream yellow (though it looks a bit mustardy yellow in the picture,s ort of strange) that pulls the softest shades out of the fireplace stonework and matches nearly all of my artwork.

So it's a blank canvas on which to put up a few pictures I've taken and it's been really comforting picking some, selecting frames and enlarging what I can on my photo printer. Some I'm waiting to blow up at a studio since I can't do larger than 8x10 essentially. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

The photos? The spriral stairway (just try, seriously, just try and have the patience to paint this area a few times. holy cow. It's why it took several weeks to finish it this time!). And a bit of wall space between the kitchen and dining area.

As I picked them, I lingered for just a moment on what perhaps may be hanging on my walls and fridge this time next year.

More to come.

3 comments:

HuluMama said...

Beautiful!

Michele said...

I like, I REALLY like. Nice job.

Lost and Found said...

I think it looks lovely. the color is quite subdued and zen-like.