Thursday, May 20, 2010

it's the end

1,468.

That's the number of days I waited in line to get 'the call'.

And instead of hearing her name, finally and seeing the picture I've seen in my head over and over again, my call went something like this:

We are so sorry to tell you, but China has reversed their decision, has changed rules and they will no longer accept your file.

Magpie is after all of this time, forever resigned to being a figment of my imagination.

And to think, I was <60 days from my referral.


*************************************
Normally Photo Friday has it's own post on Friday. But not today.

I had this picture in a post for today that I had done ahead of time. What I wrote no longer seems appropriate given what's occurred.

Instead I'll say this: Made it out of the box, never out of the bag.

Man I really started to believe it was all coming together. I did believe that Magpie and I would form a family this summer.

Even her nursery was starting to form a strong image in my mind.

Saturday I am volunteering at a lab rescue event, I can only hope I find some salvation in it.

21 comments:

wzgirl said...

What? What's up, you? Everything ok? Oh gosh. Worried.

Rhonda said...

Oh god, I'm so fucking sorry.

Jen & Bill said...

I'm thinking of you. You deserved your happy ending. I'm so sorry.

wzgirl said...

No. Way. There's got to be around this...?

M and M said...

Holy Crap!

OMG - I am so, so, so sorry...

Lost and Found said...

I'm so sorry. Is there an appeal process? Your agency would really have to go to bat for you. Hugs

Anne Marie said...

I can't believe it. I am so sorry. There are no words...

Special K said...

This can't be right! Other people have. Why now? Why do this now? WTF!?

My gawd...my heart is breaking for you. I know there's nothing at all we can say that will ease your pain. Just know we are here.

Michelle said...

I am speechless. This is so fucking unfair. I'm sorry. So, so sorry.

4D said...

I can not express how sorry I am.

Utterly unreasonable.

wzgirl said...

I keep thinking about you...so sorry, Lisa. xo

HuluMama said...

As others have said there are no words. Sending all sorts of love your way.

tracy said...

this is an injustice. how the fuck can they mess with someone like this? i'm so sorry. do not give up, lisa.

"M2" said...

I don't know what to say.
I am so very sorry to read this.
an appeal from your agency?

this makes me so heartsick for you.

Jacquie said...

Deeply deeply sorry. Wish I had more. You're in my thoughts dear.

Beeb said...

Holy Shit, Lisa. I'm just catching up and had no idea! So, so sorry - unbelievable, really. Shit sandwich.

Journeywoman said...

I can't even speak. What the fucking hell?

I'm so so sorry. Is there something, anything that can change this?

KJS said...

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I wish there was something, anything I could do to help.
Kendra (Waiting4Olivia)

GGHadden said...

I'm sorry, there are no words to express......oh my fucking God!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

I am speechless and just felt a knife like pain in my gut! I obviously have no idea what is going on or how you can pass review to only be told years later they "changed their mind"
I have no words to heal the immense pain your heart must be in, or even to give you a brief moment of smiling.
Please know that my heart breaks for you and hope that this is a terrible mistake. I will be keeping you in my thoughts!!
How can life be so insanely unfair....and yes we know that it is, but it doesn't take the sting out of it regardless of your age or the circumstances.

zgirl said...

Oh no. I'm getting to this a bit late. I am so sorry. This is very unfair and it sucks. My heart goes out to you.